Joseph Swan Vineyards, Saralee’s Vineyard Russian River Valley

Joseph Swan Vineyards, Saralee’s Vineyard Russian River Valley

Joseph Swan Vineyards, Saralee’s Vineyard Russian River Valley

Regular price $49.00
/
  • Low stock - 7 items left
  • Inventory on the way

THE VINEYARD:
Sarelee’s Vineyard is located about a mile east of our Tren- ton Estate Vineyard, in the heart of Russian River Valley. We have been working with grapes from this vineyard for over 25 years, and have been incredibly lucky to receive so many different lots of pinot noir, some vintages, up to 10 different clones. The 2018 vintage was a combination of clones; 37, 115, and 777.
WINEMAKING:
Like all our single vineyard designated lots, the Saralee’s
was harvested and processed into open top fermenters. 20% was added as whole cluster, and the remaining 80% was de- stemmed, then poured on top. Fermentation occurred naturally with wild yeast found on the grapes and in the air of our na- tively cultured winery. Ferementation began within 24 hours of picking, starting punchdowns once per day, up to three times per day, as the fermentation progressed. Barrel aged for one year before bottling, unfined and unfiltered.The production in 2018 was just over 300 cases. 14.3%ABV.
THE WINE:
Our 2018 pinot noirs, by and large, were darker and more structured than the 2017’s. Saralee’s, however, bucked the trend. It is fairly pale in color but the aromatics belie the pale color. A fruit basket of red fruits and pretty floral aromatics lead to rich but elegant flavors and texture, echoing the red berries and cherries. It is quite rich and long with just enough acidity to keep it focused and bright. Saralee’s has always produced some of my favorite pinot noirs. While I love the depth and power of many other vineyards I find myself seduced by the elegance, restrain and simple beauty that wines produced from this vineyard exhibit.

Recently viewed